Sunday, May 11, 2008

Penny Saver

Secret of Life #1. Never buying anything full retail price.
You are my mantra. And I was reminded of why this weekend. You really pulled through for me in a crunch. Ann Taylor Loft, White House Black Market, Shopko: Thank you for doubling my expenses, and tripling my savings. Your generosity allowed for REAL turquoise gem stone jewelry, a tres chic black top, and a smokin' paten leather white and black handbag. My mother LOVES you. And as for the 'evening blue' summer dress, classy white short sleeved blouse, and dark denim jean skirt- I love you. Another successful weekend in consumer land.

Secret of Life #2. High School Academics.
You were SO easy. Always did the homework, but never studied. Always went to class, but didn't have a first period. The sound of the bell meant dropping my pencil mid sentence and putting my college-ruled notes into the vast dark vacuum of space of my purple North Face backpack, with it's impending death looming, never to be seen again. And yet, anything short of a 4.0 was a major faux pas. Fast forward a few years, end of my junior year in college, and you seem even easier. Presently studying til the wee hours of (almost) every morning, in combination with large amounts of diet sodas, a pack of gum a night (total chain-chewer, I admit), and iTunes favorites playing over, and over, and over... Mariah Carey, you have said Bye-Bye hundreds of times, I just don't believe you anymore.

Secret of Life #3. Manic Monday.
Last final on this Monday, May 12th. ONE MORE! A very vigorous and enthusiastic personal celebration will ensue shortly thereafter. Maintaining composure, however, will be necessary as I will then be forced into madness as I attempt to pack for my 3.5 month adventure. Dad (and Jess; and Chris), if you think I pack too much for weekend vacays, you just wait....

Secret of Life #4. New Wheels.
Did I mention the small, teeny weeny, slightly significant addition of a new car into my 'new' life? Let me introduce you to Lucy, my 2007 white Saturn Ion. She may not be the hottest mamacita by societal standards, but I absolutely adore her because she is mine. My first 'real world' purchase. (Note: Blogger could not be any slower in uploading pictures.. Will post a pic of my lady when this social medium wants to cooperate.)

1 comment:

Diana Hulme said...

I LOVE the high school reminisce. Sure missed those easy classes during college. :)