Monday, May 19, 2008

Adaptations

Secret of Life #1. To Grandmother's House We Go.
What a blessing it is to be able to sing this song and know I will be welcome with open arms by my amazing grandparents, allowing their granddaughter free roam, free room, and free board. And what a blessing it is to be able to live in a spacious, classy, large and lovely home for the summer; though it may not promote easy compliance come time to purchase my own first apartment or house next January. I am fully admitting a small part of myself that confides in shallow waters regarding the roof over my head.

Secret of Life #2. Twin Size Bed.
I left you at home in Boise. And I was greeted by my 'new,' (albeit the actual bed my father slept in during his High School Years at Olympus), QUEEN size mattress. I find it interesting though, that despite the grandeur and luxury of a large bed, I wake up to discover one half of the bed remained untouched. Perhaps I am not yet broken in, but perhaps a twin size bed really is all I need. And perhaps this means that when the appropriate time comes to share a bed with my significant other, I will have no problem adjusting. I appreciate, oh twin size bed, the humility you have afforded me (and the extra allowance to have extra dough to satisfy my future home hunting desires..).

Secret of Life #3. New People.
My time spent in the City of the Salt Lake merely totals 6 days and yet, new coworkers, student ward church leaders, neighbors, dates, and friends run amok. And I was especially grateful to be 'spotlighted' at Ward prayer yesterday evening in my church Counselor's LOVELY home- and having to stand dead center in front of 30 new faces, while random Meredith Kaye Mangum facts were spouted off. Really loved that. But turns out it was a great launching pad for conversations and exchanging of phone numbers with males and females alike.

Secret of Life #4. A GREAT JOB.
I cannot say enough about you. And very little semantics would do you justice. I am very sure all facets of you will be discussed in future posts, in greater detail. But for now- compliments from my Doctor, free lunches from the office manager, and a sweet yellow bird pen that lights up when pressed against thin white sheets of murdered trees- make you great.

No comments: