Monday, February 2, 2009

Confession

I am feeling rather sentimental tonight.

Yes I could blog about the $15 queen bed I found and purchased today (and just why exactly it is 15 dollars...), and the truly lovely gray-designed comforter set to cover the obvious low budget mattress purchase, from Ikea. But I don't feel like it.

I feel too much emotion at this moment to relish in the superficial. I feel so much happiness. I feel so much contentment. I feel so alive. And yet the dominating hormone regulated thought leads me to feel much sorrow for those I have hurt or wronged.

I have been too quick, too brash, and have lacked compassion. I was selfish, and foolish, and narrow minded. I acted on impulse, without regard for consequence.

It weighs on me. And I know it weighs on not only those who I have hurt, but even on those who were simply third parties.

And so it weighs on me.

And though I may never know if I can right where I have wronged, please know I am so very sorry.

No comments: