Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Natural Selection

Survival of the fittest.

Survival of those who are better equipped for surviving.

Survival of the fit enough.

Whatever.

But when one does not have internet access from home, it truly makes for a modern-age natural selection.

Can I handle it? Can I forego the usual ritual of perusing facebook and blogs alike? Can I resist the whirlwind force to string together words from the english language for the whole world to see? Am I capable of not resorting to google for everything- from bed shopping on craig's list, to directions in my new city of Salt Lake, to detachment from the world beyond my small bubble (no Yahoo news updates?! How do I FUNCTION?!)

Well, folks.

I did do it. I did handle it. Thanks to Destiny's Child, I am a survivor! Comcast relieved me of any future unfavorable repercussions... today.

Guess I am fit. Or at least Darwin would think so.

But I could be even more so. And with a little help from an (almost) paid gym membership through my work, it shouldn't be too difficult. I have already made friends with several treadmills at Gold's gym- even when my tush was apparently too aggressive on the landing of foot to rubber, and the TV connected to the machine began to shake. violently.

Oh, that's me making all that ruckus? Sorry.....

Here's to a LOVELY rental home near Sugar House with even LOVELIER roommates, wearing scrubs to work everyday (wake up, get out of my pajamas, and put on more pajamas), and the first paycheck!

XoXo, Nurse Mer

Psst.. if you are really interested, stay tuned for a future incoming swarm of stories and pics to accompany about a little bachelorette party down south. In Vegas. (though some mementos will need to stay right where they remain in the city of bright lights, booze, and boobies).

Psst, Psst.. This weekend looks to be epic. EPIC!!!

2 comments:

Diana Hulme said...

dear nurse mer - glad you're back. i had missed you. also, i'm jealous you get to wear pajamas to work. love, me.

John and Julie Kupper said...

So sad i missed out... I'm glad you girls had a blast!