Monday, March 2, 2009

Pour Le Pied

So maybe I know a little French. So maybe google helped me out a little bit. So what if institutions of higher learning often requiring two years of a foreign language in high school is a total joke. (okay, I digress).

But these little numbers are not a joke. In fact, they are real, and they sit perfectly perched on the floor next to my white wicker armoir as we speak.
The perfect shade of robin's egg blue. And just in time for SSPPPRRIIINNGG!

Thanks Forever 21. (however, henceforth and forevermore, the wonderfully inexpensive clothing store shall be affectionately know as F-21. just a little FYI per future blog posts. 'cuz it will save me so much time, you know).


{Side tangent}: When divulging the store of said shoe purchase with my older brother, he jokingly said, "Oooo do you want to be 21 forever?"

And when I disclosed my age to my gynecologist last week, she said, "What a great age. It really is."

Either I should be sincerely enjoying the remaining months of my life in its 21st year, or I should be fearful of what is to come on June 25th, 2009.

I am always puzzled when I hear a comment regarding one age being better than the other. Because inevitably age is only temporary. Should we not look forward to our future, more wiser, years...? Am I just a naive twenty one year old without crows feet and gray hair...?

And I think I just officially made my {side tangent} longer than the true post.

Alas, I digress!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's been 9 hours and 4 mins since I officially joined you in this blissful state. I couldn't be happier to turn one year older, to a year of full exhilarating freedom. Let's show them how young and free 21 is. It's going to be a year to make memorable, truly cherish and live in the moment. Live it up girl, nobody has ever made 21 look so good. Love Ya *cAr

Nellie said...

SO, I am, ahem, 36, and think F-21 is fab! And yes, getting older is fab, too -- it just takes longer to get ready! :)