Thursday, June 4, 2009

Commencements

My studly 18 year old younger, but certainly not little, brother graduated from high school on Monday, June 1, 2009. Like his two older siblings, Timberline is now his Alma mater. Though my sweet mother is quite emotional when thinking of her baby boy leaving the nest, I am thrilled as he will be joining me down south in the Beehive State! Madison will be moving to Provo to live with Parker, and walk onto the BYU football team in just a few short weeks. Did I mentioned he is a STUD? I am not biased or anything.

I was able to make a full Boise weekend out of the event and nabbed some quality catch up time with friends. Despite moves to distant states, and lulls in friendship, when reunited, it's like we were never apart. True friends. And go figure, we all are or will be nurses. We really are of the same feather.
A grand congratulations goes out to Derek for his graduation from College of Idaho, including titles of Valedictorian, Summa Cum Laude, and the Dean's Award. An impressive resume that only adds to his Harvard Medical School departure in August. We all can take a deep breath now; all of our medical problems will soon cease to exist thanks to the genius brain protected by Derek's caveman-like massively thick skull. No joke, especially on the latter statement, MRI proven.

I love my loyal family, my fun girlfriends, and morning runs on Parkcenter.
Ah, I love Boise. I do.

4 comments:

Diana Hulme said...

meredith, you're so tan. i am officially jealous. if we stood next to each other it would be funny. and...i notice you're wearing a lovely top from banana republic that i used in a recent outfit of the week...great minds think alike. i'm glad to see it looks so pretty in real life. :)

Meredith said...

Diana! Thank you!! Because of my skin color no one really knows where I came from in my family... the milk man's daughter for sure.

I bought the BR shirt, and then noticed it on your blog! I love our similar tastes!

Nellie said...

I remember when Madison was just a tiny (well, sort-of) little guy -- ripping around Nani and Papa's house destroying things. My how time flies . . . people all around me are getting older and older!

Nellie said...

Oh, and is that cute girl in your family's picture a "special friend" of Parker's or just a friend of the fam? Just wondering. She's lovely, but really SHORT for your fam -- even Abby is taller! Oh man, do I ever feel like a shrimp next to anyone in your giant-like fam. Poor girl . . . At least I married a short-y myself! :)