Wednesday, June 17, 2009

This way, I am mistake free!

Though I am not a big Glamour reader myself, I loved reading a post by my old soccer teammate, Molly, who copied an article entitled, "Hey, it's OK!" from the women's magazine. And now I am going to be a blogger thief (is it still considered stealing when permission has been granted?) and copy Molly.

Some examples from the real deal which Molly references include:

Hey, it's OK....

...to demand to be taken off of speakerphone
...to start a to-do list with a task you've already done
...to wish your husband would take your kids to another planet and stay there with them

Now from the world of Nurse Meredith;

Hey, it's OK...

...to convince yourself the night before that you really aren't going to run prior to work at 7 am, while concurently setting the early alarm.

...to spend a wad of cash on a pair of jeans, but skimp on the grocery bill. Priorities, come on.

...to prefer jager, in all its forms.

...if the 2am food run doesn't consist of salad and carrots, but comes from a greasy Molca Salsa California Burrito.

...to have a shoe addiction. So what if it's a female cliche, because Hey, it's OK!

...if you reserve an entire closet just to house said shoe fetish.

...to consume three diet soda cans in an eight hour work day.

...to compliment every beautiful woman I see after having consumed jager, in all its forms.

...if your dad's favorite kind of music, is your favorite kind of music. Jackson Browne, anyone? Yeah, that's what I figured.

...to have the world's most beat up feet, even after the soccer career has ended. But still wear sandals, all of the time in the summer. I now blame the running shoes.

I am way too good at rationalizing.

But,

Hey,

It's OK!

3 comments:

Diana Hulme said...

can you make your blog feed show the full post? it's under settings, site feed, set "allow blog feeds" to full.

and i really like this post! :)

Molly Marisa said...

Oh I just loved it! I also consume so many diet cokes it is embarrassing.

I can completely relate to the soccer feet even though soccer ended so long ago. I thought the unattractive feet would go when soccer was over but missing toenails are now blamed on running shoes :) That is too funny.

The jager shout outs were priceless as well :)

John and Julie Kupper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.