Friday, July 31, 2009

Chronicles of the iliac crest.

Do I really even need to tell you if I ran the morning after my last post?

Well for those of you who had faith in my competitive spirit, I hate to shatter your confidence. But I have to.

Yeah. I did anything BUT run.

Not even the spirit of defeating the self was enough to drag my long frame out of bed! As my alarm clock sounded 6:20am, my eyelids felt so heavy, I just knew... there was no way. No way.

So to make up for it, I completed my long training run for the week last night.

15 miles I think does add a bit to my recent competitive defamation. But oh boy, was I paying for it today! My feet, my knees, my hips! Oh, my 22 going on 70 year old hips!

But tonight, as a present to myself, I rediscovered the delectable goodness of a chocolate Creamy. Soooo good.

Alas, my hips were yet again complaining.

{sigh}

No comments: