Monday, February 22, 2010

The 5 Year Plan


Where will you be in 5 years? 10 years? 50?


I can't answer the latter two questions, because I really don't know. I hope for certain aspirations and lifestyles, but it requires another individual of the opposite sex to make it happen. So I don't really know when or how it will happen.


But what I do know, and can plan for in my next 5 years, because it is solely up to me, is this:


If all goes according to plan...


By Spring 2011, I will not just be an RN, I will be an RN-BSN. A Nurse with a Bachelor's degree in tow from Boise State's online/distance program.


And by Spring 2013, I will be a Family Nurse Practitioner, from Westminster College.


This is it. This is my final decision to move forward with the intense, but rewarding schooling.


I have been feeling uneasy, as of late, and I wasn’t sure why. I was feeling thoughts like, “What now? Is this the end? Where do I go from here?”


All those thoughts, however, were silenced recently, upon coming to this decision. The empty void has been filled. I feel comfort that this is a great step in the right direction and ultimately what I want for myself. I am young, without any dependents. Now is the time.


So, anyone have some good advice about student loans....?

1 comment:

Diana Hulme said...

Good luck! Wow - what a cool plan. We have tons of student loans for Dan's dental school...hahahaha. I laugh because I don't want to cry. :) But really, we're not too worried about it because it is totally an investment - which is what it will be for you too! Just do that stupid FAFSA and the government will hook you up. (The FAFSA is super easy if you've already done your taxes, FYI).

But anyway - congrats on your decision! :)