Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My Own Valentine


Since my eligible dating years began 6 years ago, I have been single for 4 of those 6 Valentine's Days.
I, by no means, am complaining.

I have learned to find happiness, love and trust in myself by being unattached. So when my also-single girlfriends and I planned a fun Sunday treat for our Valentine's Day, I was very excited. I have grown accustomed to such events on romance affiliated holidays.

We decided to treat ourselves to Rodizio Grill and gorged on a variety of meats, salads, and fried bananas. Though pricey, it's a lot cheaper when it's just for one. (Another minor perk of singledom). We each received a long-stemmed flower from our waitress, and though it came from a stranger who is not male, I still loved it. It smelled fresh and sweet. And it was my lone gift of the day. Although, I am sure my bill factored in the price of the flower.
We then ventured to the Gateway movie theaters, purchased MORE candy and Diet Coke, and enjoyed the movie, "Valentine's Day." Expecting the movie to be yet another cheesy chick flick, I was very pleasantly surprised! It is fun, touching, humorous, and lighthearted. In a movie theater packed with couples, I feel it is safe to say that we were the lone "unashamed girls only" group.

Nonetheless, to satisfy a need I have on February 14th, I wanted to give a gift to a man who means the world to me. So thanks to Barnes and Noble and UPS, my father received the new K.D. Lang CD, accompanied by a small, pink card, which read:

To the man on whom I can always count and has never let me down.
Happy Valentine's Day.

I love you!

Meredith

4 comments:

Abigail Mangum said...

I want to see that movie!!! Mom won't let me go see it. :(

How about we sneak into the theater when Mom's busy moving? Sound like a plan? ;)

Love you lots,

♥ Abigail ♥

Meredith said...

Bahahaha! Lol! That made me laugh out loud, while at work. You are too funny.

But, I am sorry, my little one, I will not be a vessel for rebellion. :)

I hope to come home soon! Perhaps the first weekend in March?

I love you!!!

Molly Marisa said...

soooooo sweet. dad's are the best (see comment on above post). how sweet of you!

puggypoo said...

Hi Meredith! its Kami :)