Friday, February 19, 2010

Green Turf


The above picture represents what I did nearly every day of my life for 16 years.


It also represents what I could not, or chose not to, do for 2 years because of a knee injury.


But most of all, it represents what I did...


...last night.


I have never felt so rusty or worn out before whenever I have stepped onto a soccer field than when I did just that...


...last night.


My lungs burned.


Clearly, I am so out of shape. I can run marathons, but can barely tolerate 15 minute increments in an indoor soccer game.


But, why I feel so compelled to share is this:


Sans knee brace and any hesitation in my playing efforts, I DID IT.


I PLAYED SOCCER.


I CAN DO IT.


Yes, this is definitely a pat on my back from my own hand. But 2 years of wonder and doubt have now been silenced and, hopefully, put to rest.


If not, I have great health insurance.

No comments: