Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Pull a fast one...

Secret of Life #1. People.
As much as I love Boise, and am proud to call it my home, the differences in my social life are astounding. The friends I have made during the short three weeks I have been here is a true blessing. Likewise, ice blocking, Italian movie nights, slurpees, hauling a canoe up Big Cottonwood canyon to find a frozen lake, and renewing my pool-playing skills at Ozz in Provo have been so much fun.

Secret of Life #2. Wylie.
I had the fantastic opportunity of having a good friend, Mr. Wylie Van Den Akker, from Boston make the air-trek from the East Coast to great state of Utah. Though his main purpose of the visit was for a wedding, I was selfish enough to nab some quality Wy-time. Here's to you, my good friend, and our amazing billiard skills and sweet Costa Vida pork fetish. You have certainly earned your very own SoL.

Secret of Life #3. Friends, with pistols.
Came home from a date Sunday evening around 11pm, grabbed a quick snack in the kitchen, walked into the front entry way to feel a cool breeze swim across my face when I saw the front door WIDE open. Being home alone in my grandparent's mansion, I froze in my tracks as they were unable to decide if fighting or flight-ing would be the best course of action. Frantically and with the instantaneous (incredible, really...) release of adrenaline, I turned on the entry way lights and naturally, bolted outside to call my friend back, stuttering out the incident play-by-play. He came right back, pistol in hand and cleared the house for me, mission impossible style. Definitely made for a sleepless night, as I listened to hear the extra ammunition case fall, which had been so strategically placed in front of my closed door. Nonetheless, I am still alive, physically unharmed... but, perhaps the pride took a hit.

Secret of Life #4. Instigating the early onset of left knee osteo-arthritis.
a.k.a I am running a marathon. October 4th, 2008 in St. George, Utah. My knee loves me. And so does my mom- because as a gift for her 50th birthday, she will be running with me, courtesy of Rocky Mountain Associated Physicians (my fabulous new company). After running 9 miles yesterday and still breathing afterwards, my self-defeating mind games suddenly relaxed and took some breaths, too.

1 comment:

Diana Hulme said...

Love it. :) Sounds like you're having fun in slc.