Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Manic Monday

Secret of Life #1. A Little Dust on the Bottle.
And then trying to shake it off, or wipe it off, or blow it off, whichever method works for you. I find every time a new semester begins, day one is like a shock to the glass bubble summer (or winter) vacation created around my world as I knew it. So for me? I find just shattering the bottle completely is the way to go- no more glass, no more dust.

The first day back to school is always a killer. Endless information thrown at you all at once, the whole gamut of future assignments and millions of due dates placed upon your shoulders in one heaving motion; as if my professor says, "Here. Here is your mammoth size suitcase that was used on your summer beach vacation (or a salty lake..) which will now be filled with synthesized dead trees." Utter deflation. Even more so when I come home to find my room in a post tornado state- clothes, garbage bags of shoes, and boxes all awaiting their unpacking. And so it began, the 4+ hours of reorganizing of my life back in Boise, and back at school.

Secret of Life #2. Back at school.
I find so often the most important things in life are sometimes the hardest things to do. And my reasoning for such a hypothesis is this: Endeavors such as saying daily prayers, reading scriptures, helping dad wash the dishes, and educating the mind, are of the Lord- which in turn means the adversary is working overtime to thwart such righteous actions. And boy, was Heavenly Father's selfish son working his magic on me.

As I was departing Salt Lake to come home to Boise, I really was not looking forward to leaving my set life in the 801 (as we all know). However, and to my very pleasant surprise, I am enjoying myself very much. Enjoying the familiar sights and sounds in my hometown, enjoying waking up to the sound of my dad's voice fervently, but patiently, telling my brothers to get up for early morning seminary, and most of all, enjoying so much the Boise State campus. I am going to miss this when it's over. And I am so happy to be home. So perhaps this only reaffirms the idea that "home is where the heart is." And apparently my heart can be in many places simultaneously.

Secret of Life #3. No school.
Particularly when paired with a weekday(s). Tuesdays, Fridays? No school. Mmmmm hmmm. None. Enough said.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you've settled in back home Just don't get to comfortable, and don't forget about your family in SLC. :)