Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sink or Swim


As I was driving to Albertson's on 23 East tonight, I set my car's radio station channels to Utah's finest, and that's when it hit me.

I am no longer a visitor to the 801. I am not making the four and a half hour drive back to Boise at the weekend's closure. Living out of a suitcase will no longer be the precedent when in Utah.

I am officially an Idaho-born-and-bred transplant to Salt Lake City.

Excited, nervous, happy, anxious, independence, sad... Conflicting emotions are through the roof.

But I am here.

And I really am diggin' it.
Though, I'm not so sure if my belly agrees with the aforementioned declaration. Not after finishing an entire plate of Bang-Bang (yeah, who knows...?) Chicken and Shrimp at Cheesecake Factory, with carrot cake cheesecake for dessert, and three too many cups of Coke-heavy on the Diet. My ladies Julie, Jess, and I sure know how to satiate the slightest of hunger pains.

3 comments:

Abigail Mangum said...

I miss you, Meredith! Call home whenever you're on break, off shift, or just bored. I'll be there for you, my girl!

John and Julie Kupper said...

we do know how to satisfy any hunger! LovE YoU!

John and Julie Kupper said...

UMMM I was just looking at you little sister's blog! Ha ha wow! Smart little girl, I guess she is not so little anymore. but still she seems young... I love that she has a blog. ha ha ha