Monday, April 21, 2008

Change of Pace

Secret of Life #1. Themed Photo Shoots.


After my sappy post regarding life philosophy post cancer documentary viewing, I vote for a lighter blogging this evening. Hence, I resort to you: Themed Photo Shoots. Thank you for allowing me to make a fool of myself and have fun while I am at it. Though the glass from the camera may be severely damaged from capturing such homely facial advances, the laughter you inspired definitely reversed any permanent LCD warping. I'll be seeing you when my baby sister wants to be 'famous,' including a one man paparazzi.. So, see you when she wakes up!


"Rollercoaster""Incoming Basbeball"


"Tough Girl" (apparently Abby is kissing her bicep)And finally our, "Musical Album Cover"

SoL #2. Domestication.

K, maybe I shouldn't go that far. More like, Sunday afternoon baking with my mother. It's one step towards being a novice homemaker. It is throwing on mess-inspiring clothes, licking every little last drop of chocolate off the plastic spatula, and experimenting with cream cheese frostings. It is fattening up Mangum teenage boys and inducing the most severe temptations for calorie-conscious Mangums age 21 (almost!) and above. Thanks for spiking my blood sugar, clogging up my arteries and satisfying my sweeth tooth all in one sitting. See you in a few weeks!



SoL #3. Pianos.

Here's to rekindling an old flame from my childhood; my fingers were on cloud nine as they danced across your palette of black and white keys, slowly sifting away the seven year dust collection between joints and palm creases. Fur Elise never sounded so discombobulated, and yet so refreshing. Does Every Good Boy (really) Deserve Fudge? With an abundance of goodies made from my Sunday afternoon cooking domestication and renewed musical capacities, I think so. And after a wake-up call in my hand's stretching capabilities, they, too, are in agreeance. You are not quite like riding a bike again or skiing down a mountain for the first run of the season, but I thoroughly enjoyed making the same sweet treble clef love from years past. Thank you for making me feel like somewhat of an accomplished woman, or at least from an Elizabeth Bennet status, playing "quite well." See you tomorrow!

No comments: