Friday, April 25, 2008

e-Harmony? Whatever.


Secret of Life #1. Utilizing {stealing} pre-recorded musical lyrics as my own.


"Escape (The Pina Colada Song)" By Rupert Holmes {Meredith}.


Ahem.


"I was tired of my lady {man, or lack thereof}, we'd been together too long. Like a worn-out recording, of a favorite song. So while she {empty baby blue and white striped sheets} lay there sleeping, I read the paper in bed. And in the personals column, there was this letter I read:


'If you like {virgin} Pina Coladas, and getting caught in the rain. If you're not into yoga, if you have half {full, please}-a-brain. If you like making love {out} at midnight, in the dunes of the cape. I'm the lady {tall, dark and handsome stud muffin} you've looked for, write to me, and escape.'


{more cowbell, please}


"I didn't think about my lady {anyone}, I know that sounds kind of mean. But me and my old lady {singledom}, had fallen into the same old dull routine. So I wrote to the paper, took out a personal ad. And though I'm nobody's poet, I thought it was not half- bad {FABULOUS}.


'Yes, I like {virgin} Pina Coladas, and getting caught in the rain. I'm not much {definitely} into health food, I am into champagne {sparkling cider, diet}. I've got to meet you by tomorrow noon, and cut through all this red tape. At a bar {beach} called O'Malley's {Newport}, where we'll plan our escape {elopement}.'"


{cowbell, fade out}


Newport Beach, Cal-EE-forn-I-ay... Here I come. So what if it's 1 in the morning, I leave for the airport in 5 hours and am not even packed yet. Who needs to sleep in empty baby blue and white striped sheets when a sun-soaked, skin cancer festering, nap on the beach is absolutely calling my name?

No comments: