Saturday, September 20, 2008

Me and Julio Down By The Schoolyard


Secret of Life #1. Julie Andersen.

AKA Julio (with a silent J), Jules, Julianna... My sister from another mister.

So I am hanging out at my house, late at night with some guy friends, doing the guy thing- playing video games, oreos and snickers all over the place, and the smell of grilled PB&J (yes, you heard right) filling the entire downstairs. I am fully aware that Julie and fellow cohorts are driving in from Provo for a friend's wedding this weekend, as I had just spoken with her on the phone giving directions to my house, but had a momentary lapse in processing that she would be here any minute. Mid Wario and Bowser battle on Nintendo 64, I hear running footsteps from the front door to the family room; I immediately turn around and see the angel of a best friend standing behind the couch, her hand briskly tucking her wind blown hair (from her run) behind her ear, as she surveys all of the faces to find me. I quickly stand up and my pink sweater and 5'10" stature gave me away- our long legs only allow a mere two leaps and we are already in eachother's arms performing the "swaying hug." You know, the kind where you are so elated to see one another, the interlocked arm embrace actually sways from side to side.

I love Julie Andersen.

And Kassi Andersen; and John Kupper; and Kassi's friend, Ashley. I loved to see them all.


Oh, how I miss Salt Lake!

1 comment:

Diana Hulme said...

I know - the same thing happened when I turned around at the temple & she was there this morning! She's the greatest. :)

I want to see you too! I'm here too! Are you coming to Candice's reception tonight...I hope so!