Tuesday, September 2, 2008

In Her Shoes


Secret of Life #1. Thirteen dollars and ninety nine cents.
And when the above stated amount reads on the price tag of these slick beauties: A STEAL! Yes, I have a shoe fetish. A bad one. When my nursing career turns into the rich and famous dream I so imagine during late-night REM, first thing on my to-do list will certainly be to build a monstrosity of a walk-in closet, just for my shoes. Rows, and rows of shoes. Black ones, gold ones, pink, turquoise...

As the obviously bored cashier, who was super bummed to be working on a national holiday promoting a DAY OFF, grabbed the skinny stilettos by the paten leather heel, and a smile slyly moved across her face. She cheerfully said, "These are SO cute." My response, to hopefully assist in maintaining her rekindled laboring spirit, was, "But SO impractical!" And I flashed my widest grin, and vocalized a self-incriminating hearty laugh.

So who knew I actually had calves until I tried on these bad boys? (But I guess it makes sense since my gastrocnemius, when elevated a few inches, is in perma-flex mode).

For you men who fear a 5'10" woman in three and a half inch heels, looooook out....

2 comments:

Nellie said...

I call shoes like these "3-hour shoes." That's how long church is, and that's how long I can stand to wear these babies, buy, boy, or boy, are they HOT!

Diana Hulme said...

Thanks, Meredith. :) It's Juicy - I got it at Nordstrom a year or so ago, so they don't have it anymore, but they have some in that same style in different prints that are way cute.
. . . . . .
BTW - these shoes are SO CUTE!!! Love them. And the price makes them even more amazing.