Friday, October 17, 2008

Baby, It's Cold Outside

Secret of Life #1. Girl Scouts.

Because not only do Boy Scouts groom young males to always "Be Prepared," but my time as a Brownie and consequential Girl Scout in my younger years (Yeah, Grant, I just said the "Y" word...) taught me to follow the same vigilance. Hence, an hour in between class and an open computer at the nursing learning resource center led to finalizing some winter needs (and saving some bookoo bucks) on ebay.



(Yeah, remember how I already spoke on my new discovery of internet shopping? Guess I am still in the honeymoon phase).



At 3:05pm today, I won this for $56, originally $165:




And, at 8:15pm, this for $19.99:


Yep, it's true: The North Face = A Severe Pocketbook Weakness.



Though I am so loving Autumn in Boise, but when it is time for the last leaf to obey gravity and the temperatures fall into a severe depression... bring it on, this green-vested, merit-badged girl scout is ready.

2 comments:

Nellie said...

I do love ebay -- although I have been a git disappointed in the past. Not really big things, but usually something is just a bit off, not to curb your enthusiasm, or anything!

G Smith said...

There is nothing wrong with the Y word...
Not sure who first proffered these wise words first "Youth is fleeting, but immaturity can be forever"

For great online deals try www.steepandcheap.com I love this site like I love few others and since it is SLC based you can call them right after ordering and just come pick it up on 26oo S 3500 W!