Thursday, October 2, 2008

An RMAP Reunion

Secret of Life #1. Thursday is the new black.
Well Friday is coming a day early this week, as my brothers' football team takes on Eagle High School Thursday night. Though my excitement for witnessing Mangum-to-Mangum greatness a day early can hardly be contained, I fear my nerves (and the inevitable impending gastric ulcer) reap the consequences in lacking an extra 24 hours to recover. Oh well, it's SO worth it.


Secret of Life #2. Aligning of the stars.
And why is it SO worth it? Because somewhere, somehow, a Thursday night game = perfect timing. The football game a day early (allowing me every opportunity to see my brothers compete together), drive to St. George the following day, and then attempt to defy death on a 26.2 mile run Saturday morning. Hence, I get Wolves athletic action, AND my so needed reunion with many of my RMAP coworkers at the St. George marathon! I have missed them SO much and cannot wait to engage in the sweet seduction of bariatric poetry.

The first five weeks of my clinical rotation was spent at a mental health day center (see previous post for further details), and have now moved onto the second five week sesh: Med/Surg practicum, with day one accomplished. And, wow. Have seriously not missed code browns. Poop really just isn't my thing (who knew rectal tubes catching c-diff diarrhea was such a turn off...?). In other words, RMAP... I miss you... terribly.


The only thing that would complete the star's proper (or lucky) alignment, would be a visit to see my many Utah friends. As I hung up the phone tonight with one of the best of the 801 civilians, Jessica Kruger, I counted my blessings for loyal friendship. Setting aside her busy affairs of math homework, tending to a boyfriend, yahoo-sports personal interviews, and the soon arrival of a 5am awakening, to talk to me five hours up north makes this woman INCREDIBLE. So we decided pulling off the road in Orem to gas up and carbo-load (marathons are such a great excuse to indulge) is absolutely necessary so I can wrap my arms around her skinny little waist and drown in her blonde mane.

During our long distance phone call, I voiced my (valid) excuses for my absence down south. I thought perhaps the rest of my Salt Lake readers would benefit from knowing that I miss them, love them, and have surprisingly felt that my presence in Boise to support my family's athletic endeavors holds more weight at the present time. For now, I must give 100% of me to my hometown and my family. Come January (and several weekend getaways beforehand), I am all yours.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Em: I was just mentioning a dream I had about you, obviously both me and my subconscious miss you. :) Good Luck on your run on Saturday!

Nellie said...

you are so dang clever -- and thanks for your kids comments on the blog, and for spurring me on!!

I HOPE the marathon is an excellent experience -- CB ran that one years ago (I think we only had one kid then), and is running the Baltimore on 10/11, except he just decided to about 2 weeks ago and is going to die. He ran it last year, too and is always trying to get me do run, too, but I am far too lazy!! I'm good for about a 5K!!

Good luck to the footballers and to you! I'll be thinking of you during our plethora of sub-par pee-wee soccer games on Sat.

Leigh said...

ya the meredith void down here is definitely starting to wear on me!

Kruger Family Blog said...

Thanks Thanks, I love how you alwayrs refer to "the mane" of hair I have on my large head. The other day at the game friends of ours were sitting in the recruit section and after the game they said... "Ya jess we were looking for your family and across the stadium we noticed this bright white hair doo and knew it was you right off the bat! So I had to chuckle that you mentioned that in your post. Lets plan what we are doing this Friday! I just want to see you so whatever works for me. You know whatev whatev. Let me know what the plan is sister! love you