Thursday, October 16, 2008

Renewal

Secret of Life #1. My RMAP family.
After my marathon, and the subsequent dips in the hot tub paired with the half hour long steamy shower to calm my chattering teeth frozen body...

And after donning the navy blue cotton sweat cozies, and munching on delicious soup and homemade wheat bread...

And after the two hour long nap on the couch (during conference, yikes!), and more munching on Costco caramel covered popcorn-apple combo...

My family and I made our way over to the Painted Pony restaurant, where I was welcomed by warm hugs, smiles, and laughter from my RMAP family! For the first time since I left the practice mid August for an education sabbatical in Boise, I was able to see so many of my favorite people, as the marathon was made possible through the practice.

To Kim and her husband, To Ray and his stunning wife, To Bette and her husband and daughter, To Jessica and friends, To Andy and adorable family, To Katie and her husband, and most of all, To Dr. Simper and his wife, Joanna and their great kids- Hunter, Mackenzie, and Connor: It was SO GREAT to see you. Not only did it remind me why I love RMAP so much, and how I am so blessed with an opportunity to work there again come January (seriously, so lucky), but it reminded me of the great people I can call friends.

Much love to Carley, Lindsey, Roz, Paula, Andrea, Roger, Cathy, Craig, Dr. McKinlay, Dr. Smith, and Brittany (look forward to meeting you!) who were all back in Salt Lake holding down the bariatric fort. And more love to Amy and her sweet family in Rexburg, who is also taking an education sabbatical to BYU-Idaho. I missed you!!! And still miss you.

So, many thank you's to a marathon acting as a catalyst to bring near and dear friends even closer... It was such a great dinner. Thank you, thank you Simpers for your generosity to pay for the WHOLE thing! Wow.

Much respect and love from a very grateful employee and friend,
Meredith Mangum

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

January can't come soon enough! Hope all is well.

John and Julie Kupper said...

I wanted to go dark.. I honestly did, but I was too much money for an ALL OVER color, and a cut, so I just kept it simple and lightened my roots and trimmed up the layers.. same ol julie style hair