Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Mid-Autumn Night's Dream

Secret of Life #1. Subconscious Stimulation.

During my slumber, I hardly ever dream. Or if I do, I never remember it. I claim this as my reasoning for my frequent deja-vu. (I dream the future without even knowing it. Schyeah, the basic five sense package is SO for losers).

But, I woke up Tuesday morning very vividly remembering my dream. The kind of dream where you suddenly realize your bedroom is a strange and lonely place, and immediately the eyelids are shut closed, desperately trying to escape back to fantasy land. The imagination is set free to run wild, to paint the messiest collage of color known to the world of visible light.

So, perhaps my imagination is reeling from a lack of such uncultivated energy… and was trying to tell me something; or wanted to take matters into its own hands to mitigate the effects of such deprivation. Though I am surely not one to seek it out in reality “just because.”

Yes, you guessed it.

I definitely had a make-out dream.

So as I quickly squeezed my eyelids to an impenetrable seal, the dream naturally, and unwillingly, was fading- or at least the reality of it all. And yet, my mind allowed me to take a few moments and really soak in the emotion behind the warm, seductive embrace- and the strange remembrance of the light pink collared shirt worn by the handsome victim.

No worries, the ecstasy was PG-13, or dare I say PG (as ratings go these days). Nonetheless, the power of a kiss is undeniable. And physically taxing. Waking up to a pounding heart can be quite arduous. Ohh, I can see the newspaper article now:
“Young girl dies of myocardial infarction from provocative REM.”
The dream stuck with me for the rest of the day, and clearly long enough to persuade me to write it down as a legal document. Being that every time I record my most inner thoughts (though quite censored for the public), it is only more proof and hard physical evidence of my guilty plea for what have you. Lunatic; hopeless romantic; utterly mad woman; super cheese ball; unashamed. You pick.

So, if my deja-vu theory proves correct, guess my lips won’t be burning calories anytime soon.

1 comment:

Nellie said...

Someday when you're pregnant, THEN your dreams will really be wierd. I don't even dare to write them, and sometimes they aren't even PG-13.

Probabally more info than you wanted . . .