Thursday, July 24, 2008

Competitive Fire


Secret of Life #1. RUNNING.

What would I do without you? You make. me. feel. SO. GOOD! 100% of the time, works every time. Ever since my NCAA sanctioned competition came to a rather abrupt end almost one year ago, I have had serious withdrawals. I need competition. I need to prove myself. I need the adrenaline rush. And thanks to you and the privileges you allow to keep up the fitness through gazelle strides in the form of scarred, bruised, mile-long and not nearly-tan-enough-for-being-July human female legs. And thanks to Deseret News for sponsoring a 10K, and giving me that opportunity to finally succor the sweet intoxication of competition! 6am came quite early this morning, but fought through and enjoyed running 6 miles through the downtown streets of Salt Lake entertaining the parade crowd. What a way to experience my first personal July 24th Holiday in the great Beehive state. And great prep for the marathon in T-41 days.


Secret of Life #2. POST-running.

Passing out on my large and spacious queen mattress. Gearing up to lay by the pool and finally tan those way behind schedule white legs. And perhaps stop by Nordstroms and experience this 'amazing' annual sale first hand. And spend time with my best friends. And pack up to take a trip home to Boise (in the new 2007 Kia Optima mind you!) to see my dear friend as he has arrived back in the US of A from serving a two-year church mission. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU CHAD!

1 comment:

Leigh said...

the Deseret News thanks YOU for participating :)