Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Shout Outs

Secret of Life #1. Israel.
More prudently, Ashley Peay, my sister from another mister. Loved signing in and finding my blog has been accessed from Israel… Ashley, you are caught! There is definitely no chance of blending in with other USA-ers who occasionally frequent my blog, the Israel blue and white flag sticks out like a sore thumb against the Stars and Stripes. So flattered that my blog has enough priority for you, Ashley, to visit its e-boundaries even thousands of miles away. Keep coming. Keep coming. You are a beautiful human being- Your good natured humor, genuine concern for others, intellect and humility complemented by your enviable tan skin, stunning white toothed smile, and hot female figure make you the complete package. Love you very much and look forward to hearing your incredible experiences from a land far, far away.

SoL #2. Minnesota.
After meticulously analyzing how my blogger fans are accessing my website, I discovered a common trend: Google ‘Derek Erstad’ and my fan base will increase ten fold. Naturally, had to pass on the funny epiphany and catch up with a blast from the past! Thoroughly enjoyed catching up with the old and dear friend last night. He is alive, well and thriving in the metropolis of Rochester researching neuromedicine and stem cells for an internship at the Mayo Clinic. I think that sums it up perfectly, and gives you oodles of insight to what a specimen Derek exemplifies, and has exemplified from a young age. And hey, Derek, maybe this shout-out will increase your Google hits by a few; not that you need it, but happy to advertise you and your work any day. So, for those of you who are unfamiliar with the great man affectionately known as, ‘D’ or ‘D-Rock,’ check out his PUBLISHED research: http://lib.bioinfo.pl/auid:8335987. So honored to call you my friend, and look forward to one day participating in, and offering my nursing services for, your cause to save the world, one patient at a time.

SoL #3. July.
Where did June go? Happy to have you, July, but wasn’t expecting you so soon. Here’s to hoping month seven of the year 2008 slows down a bit, or at least gives me a chance to thoroughly say goodbye come day 29, 30, 31… As much as I enjoy August, because it occupies 30 days of summer, it and January rank in similar categories- the drab months of the two polar seasons. So, really, take your time in offering your warmth, boating excursions, fireworks, hamburgers and wind-blown hair.

SoL #4. Acrylic Nails.
I like you round, and NOT rectangular, despite the nail tech’s constant prodding in convincing me otherwise. I do not care if “all the young people” have rectangles.. I, apparently, avoid the 50 and younger trend, and just stick with the classy old-timers. And why I devoted a whole shout out to you, I really don’t know. Kinda cringing at the trite nature of it all, but your annoying clicking with every keyboard letter pressed needed to be addressed. So ssshhh! Quit the clankin’!

2 comments:

Nellie said...

SO fun you found us!! I love your blog -- you are an excellent writer. I should warn you, however, that if CB sees you reference him on your blog as "Chris" he will not be happy. Family ALWAYS has to call him CB, no matter what. :) He's quite particular.

On a completely different note, I have one tall, rugby playing single brother who lives in Provo. Where are you living, and are you interested in getting "set-up?" If not, no big deal, I just keep thinking that you guys would have fun. Let me know what you think, either on the blog, or my email is nellie_bingham@hotmail.com

Hope you are having a great 4th. I MISS the days when I could sleep in til noon -- Kelly and Rich are here visiting, and we are staying up SO late, but also getting up early -- my Mom says I am drinking too much Diet Coke, but I can't help it!!! Sorry this is long . . XOXO

The Bourne Family said...

I love you Mer! It is nice to be able to hear about your life even if I am half a world away. I am having an incredible experience...I can't wait to see you soon (hopefully on the river) :-)