Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Movin' On

Secret of Life #1. New car.

Round two this summer; going through cars like cheap (but fabulous) Ross sunglasses. Lucy (my Saturn ion) has been replaced with Sophia (my Kia Optima, with such a term of endearment submitted from my best gal Jessica). 2007, 14K miles, lots of warranty left, a mother-of-pearl color, tan interior, commercially publicized as 'luxurious,' and super classy. (I think). And did I mention my phenomenal haggling skills in achieving $3K off the Kelly blue-book price? Movin' on'; and movin' on UP!



Secret of Life #2. Futbol.
Not only were you my LIFE, my identity, my hobby for fifteen years of my life, but here in Salt Lake, I get to watch you (and s-e-x-y shinguarded men; I really had forgotten my uncontrollable attraction to uniformed soccer men) from the fifth row up, right in front of goal-scoring action, with great friends, and for free (thanks Arthritis Foundation, and grandma)! We only thought it natural, however, since osteoarthritis is inevitably headed my knee's way come age 25. Favorite quotes of the evening:

Joseph Nance, "I smell Swedish fish on your breath. I want some."

Callie Cockrell (directed at Grant Smith), "You are just an Italian delight!"

Grant Smith amicably noting my different laughs, and when my 'uninhibited, giddy giggle' comes through. And we just happened to be listening to running-worthy Eurobeats...

No comments: